Thursday, November 11, 2010

BIRFDAY BUDS!




Jacob's birthday is.... TODAY and mine is not far behind. We are getting very old. We received awesome gifts and cards in the mail and have had a fun time opening them. Yesterday at work I had a great activity planned for Jacob and me. For the first time in 2 weeks I got off of work on time, but found out Jacob had a group meeting to attend so that was a bit of a bummer, but we sure made up for it. I told Jacob to head in the general direction of walmart and to stop in a shopping mall. We entered none other than The Dollar General and each had a budget of 5 dolla to spend on one another. We then returned home, wrapped each of the presents, and then waited until we could no longer wait and opened them all. Here is our splurge.
Once the presents were wrapped, we noticed that two of ours looked very similar. Turns out, out of hundreds of thousands of items, we picked the exact same one for each other. We either think a like or there wasn't much good to choose from. Jacob got me black licorice which was a surprise considering I told him the day before the only two kinds I didn't like were black and twizlers. BUT, he was excited to find the expensive aussie brand at the $ store. He also got me nik l nips which I told him was a childhood memory of mine. Now I think of it as drinking pixie sticks, boy will our primary class like those.

I, on the other hand, got Jacob caramel chocolate popcorn which he has also recently told me he doesn't appreciate much, but I did that on purpose and have been enjoying them ever since.

Here are the splendor of cards we have received thus far in celebration of our oldness.














Here is the day of birth boy getting ready to go teach school



We have many more plans, we will post later with details.

No comments:

Post a Comment