Monday, May 25, 2009

Beautious Places with two Beautious Faces

I guess I have some catching up to do. I haven't been too well lately so now that I am recovering, I think I have the strength to type. Last weekend was the bomb and was made that way with a visit from Rikki. Not only did we get to spend three days with Rikki, but we get to visit her this next weekend, bonus!!! Jacob one night mentioned the idea of inviting Rik to YellowStone and plans were confirmed a few weeks later.

Right before we entered the park, Rikki had us bet how many buffs we'd see. I guessed 30-40, Jacob 75-100, Rikki 2-3. Here is the picture of the first buff we saw upon entering the stone.

And here is a picture of one of the 8-10 large herds that we came upon, boy were we lucky. All good guesses though... even Rikki's.

This was one of my favorite attractions that we came upon and it wasn't even well signed. The colors were so vivid, we even ventured to touch it (of course I waited for the real guts to touch it first i.e. Rikki).

We love inviting Rikki to places because we love getting our picture taken.. and many many other good reasons too. We were hoping the vapors would flow around us so it looked like a whimsical setting, but no good.

This was a breathtaking waterfall and the mountains around it were an amazing yellow color. Rikki told me her friend from work told her to bring back a yellow stone from Yellowstone, welp.. there you go. Unfortunately this was a 15ish minute walk down and it started raining on us right before we began our trip back up, but it was worth it.

After Yellowstone, we decided to find a place to camp. Memorial Weekend is a suprisingly difficult weekend to find a place to stay the night, especially around Yellowstone. Who would have thought. Here is a dog I so patiently cooked on the fire, dogs are good.

Not even kidding, this was the most delicious campfire anything I've ever consumed. A good portion of the sausage I personally consumed, I'm talking a good 75% of it.

Overall it was a tastey and enjoyable trip and we are so grateful that Rikki chose to make the trip here and spend this special weekend with us. Having been in her presence really made the following week of work endurable, the memories lived on so pungent in my mind.

What a lovely time and to think, it will be followed by an even lovlier time this next weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwe, thanks for being SO NICE Alli! It was super fun for me too, and I'm so grateful you invited me :) Jacob, thanks for being so patient with Alli... and me (just teasing Al). I can't wait for this weekend. I'm PUMPED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would have done the same thing as you al and let "the real guts" go first when touching that hot spot! go rikki go rikki, its your birthday, not really, but in a couple weeks, go rikki! (yes i am dancing while singing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd lean more towards "the stupid one" instead of "the real guts.

    ReplyDelete