Monday, May 18, 2009

One MoNTh!

This saturday was our one month anniversary and to celebrate our survival, Jacob planned out the perfect day. He had been telling me all week of these plans and of course when Saturday morning came and it was time to wake up, I made up all kinds of excuses of why it would be better to sleep in. He prevailed however and it turned out to be one of those extremely memorable days.
We went to a place called palisades and Jacob took me to this beautiful waterfall.
After we explored the waterfall for sometime, we decided to move onto our hike. After unsuccessfully finding the place Jacob had previously designed to go, we decided to follow a trail. This trail ended about ten minutes into our hike and so we decided to climb the nearest mountain. I had always wondered why people feel the need to find trails, why don't they just climb a mountain? Well, after the hours of shale and climbing with my hands, I realized that people don't climb mountains because they are heck to climb. Really though, it was actually a lot of fun and I look forward to doing it again sometime soon.. maybe next weekend?
This was the view from the hill that eventually became known as "our mountain".

Here is the view from the other side of the mountain we climbed. It doesn't look that big and bad, but you have to know... it was. Even though it looked easy, coming down was basically putting one foot to the side and sliding all the way down. It was pretty fun, but my bum is a bit bruised.
Later that night, Jacob had bought tickets for us from the school to go on a wagon ride and dutch oven dinner. Unfortunately, the wagon never came and so we instead took "stationwagon" rides in the school's giant buses.
This was a memorial we passed for the Beaver Dick Family. Interestingly enough, the beaverdick wife found a deserted baby and took it in. Sadly, the baby had small pox and the entire family except beaverdick himself died within a two week period.


Overall, we had the best of times and I've come to know even better that I have the best of husbands.

I just want to show everyone this little mess Jacob made the other day. He made such a big fuss and was so angry that all his milk had spilled out, "ruining" his milkshake. Anywho, I had such a good laugh, I ran and grabbed the camera to document the event. He didn't like that very much.
Right after the big upset, I was making Jacob's Kool-Aide and spilled making a mess of my own. Needless to say, Jacob was again rather upset and just to give me a taste of my own medicine, ran and grabbed the camera to take a picture.

2 comments:

  1. wahooo! one month, thats a big milestone! congrats to you both. sounds like jacob planned a wonderful celebration...just know in 5 years that he truly "meant" to celebrate those milestones even though he will forget (it happens to the best of them) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey-Oh! You can never be too careful with that ice cream, my friend! I must report a tragic event, prepare yourselves. I went to coldstone today to use a gift card from work and since I didn't want to leave a buck left on my card, I went ahead and got the "love it" size. What the heck, mountain o ice cream!! I tried my best to do you proud, Jacob, but I was not able to conquer the mountain. Alas, I probably threw away 3/4 of the gooey mound. Sorry to report this death, and bring such a downer to the party : (

    ReplyDelete