Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our Own Amazing Race Across America

So some of you might be wondering, what in the world did Allison and Jacob do on those four days across America. Why didn't we hear anything about it? Did something terrible happen that they want to cover up? THe answer.. NO! We want to tell you all about it. First we'll share our wonderful view that we had from the Trianon Hotel.


This was by far the nicest hotel I had ever stayed in. You were even allowed to leave your dishes from breakfast on the table, I even spilled water on the floor and didn't even have to clean it up (I'm assuming), that is rich.



The first leg of the trip was rather boring as you can see, but things were about to get more interesting when we entered...




GEORGIA!!!


In Georgia we decided to eat and went to Cracker Barrel for Jacob's first time. Even though the food isn't that good there (it's actually quite terrible), it's the experience that counts. By the end of day 2 we were exhausted and extremely grateful for our favorite part of the trip, our visit with Lauren and her family (who I greatly enjoyed meeting). We spent some time at the botanical gardens and saw all sorts of beautiful greenery and Jacob took me to the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial which was very touching. We then went to our hotel and got ready for the fanciest dinner I've ever been allowed to attend. Below are pictures of the hotel.



We had three sinks in our hotel room, THREE SINKS!!!



This bathroom is about the size of our entire apartment we are currently residing in. Ok seriously though, that shower is the size of our entire bathroom no joke.


No, that is not the hotel lobby, that's actually part of our room!



THis hotel was even more grand than the picture and we even found a dollar on the ground (we were the luckiest two people as far as I was concerned). I wish I had taken a picture of the lobby, the granite was amazing. That night for dinner at a restaurant I can't pronounce, we had three appetizers, an entree, and a desert that consisted of...




Escargot




Smoked Salmon


Baked Brie


Roasted Duck


Pana Cotta


Each of the things that we ate I had never tried before, what an experience.. you think you've tasted it all, but let me tell you. They all looked twice as yummy as the picture (especially the duck which didn't look even slightly scary like the picture above) and I enjoyed each one, especially the pana cotta, wow that was good! We were lucky enough to dine with Lauren and Brandon and a wedding party of about 60 (a wedding was unfortunately rained in and so we got to people watch some of the most interesting specimens). It was all such a lovely experience and one we will never forget, thank you sooo much Lauren and Brandon!!!!


So While I'm on a road trip, I like to take an inventory of something, anything, just to keep my mind on my surroundings. On this trip, my inventory included all of the dead animals I saw along the road. My list is pretty impressive and I will share.. Racoon*, armidillo, possum*, rabbit*, deer*, owl, cow, skunk, duck, large bird, cat of sorts, and fox. The starred ones are those we almost hit.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip. I wanna go with next time. But, what happened after Georgia and Oklahome? Did you teleport from there to Idaho? That is pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete