Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New THis Week

What a brand new week full of brand new things, people, experiences, feelings, and thoughts. It's been about 7 months since I've had a job and I always get anxious around job finding times. Recently I aquired a position with a few companies and then I had to let them go for what I hope will be the ultimate job in the land of Rexburg. I have found my place at Walmart! I hope my anti-Walmart mother does not dissaprove.
Today was my second day. Just like any other job, it's left me feeling exhausted, confused, and a little depressed. It's important to remind myself that I've never started one of my other sixs jobs feeling happy and comfortable, that it always takes about two weeks for you to feel helpful and useful, to get to know the rules and to know your role. Other than that it has been great. I was on the sales floor today for three hours and had about six customers ask me where things are and I had no idea. I had no idea, I had no idea where anything was in Walmart, but I really don't. I usually say something retarded like, "well I know we have it" in response to a question like "where is your laundry detergent". I'll learn in time I suppose. Anywho, here is a picture of me in my working garb:

I was in charge of the activity for this week's FHE and I thought to give these lovely chocolates to some of our neighbors. What a fine prize. I consider these chocolates the type that no one buys for themselves, but wait patiently to be given and it was those neighbors lucky day. We dropped them off annonomously with a note that contained a poem authored by Jacob which goes like this: We wanted to share our love with you, now share your love with another too. We're hoping that they continue the tradition and pass something on to other neighbors next week. I'm not sure if it'll work though since the poem was a little vague, but if it did, I hope they bring us chocolates next monday (we purposely targeted the neighbors close to us)!
Jacob spent quite a while contemplating the message he would leave.
He spent a lot longer than I was expecting and when I made a suggestion on a quick phrase like, have a nice day, he freaked out...

Ok, I know this picture is terrifying and I considered not posting it, but I want everyone to see some of the faces Jacob can make. Sometimes, just because he knows I get scared, he'll crawl around with his lazy eye face and scare me. He can be pretty scary, but he always stops when I start to cry, what a wonderful husband. We really do have a good time making faces at one another.. actually, I think that's about all we do and we laugh and laugh.

3 comments:

  1. you guys are too funny. thanks for updating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I don't KNEAD to say this, but your blog has been a de-light. I enjoy reading it (and re-reading it for that matter) and am always totally pumped when you have a fresh piece of info dangling in front of your avid readers (aka the fam) for us to sink our teeth into and masticate with pleasure. So thanks for taking all that time you'd be spending exercising your cooking skills and giving it to us in bloggity type fashion. You complete me... wait... that was weird... but it was said and done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. Thank you for sharing your apartment pics... fancy! (and that's serious, as our apartment in rexburg was pretty much a closet... without windows) I enjoy reading your blog and look forward to the magical day when I will be able to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete